Sean Stannard-Stockton on The Business Brew Podcast
The Business Brew podcast offers long form interviews with investors and business people by the insightful host Bill Brewster. Earlier this month, Ensemble Capital’s CIO Sean Stannard-Stockton sat down with Bill to discuss:
- The state of financial markets and the economy, the risks at hand, and the extraordinary investment opportunities available today for long term investors.
- How Ensemble’s research team works to manage emotions and decision making performance during conditions of high stress.
- How we are thinking about the unexpectedly weak corporate performance of Netflix so far this year and why we view the decline in the stock price as extremely excessive even while fully recognizing the challenges at hand.
- Why investors are poorly served by attempting to jump back and forth between different stocks or classes of business when economic conditions change, and are much better off focusing on owning resilient, strong companies at all times.
- The unusual ways that COVID has scrambled the economic cycle such that parts of the economy are busting while other parts are booming at the same time.
- The way that remote work presents a huge opportunity for investment firms to greatly improve the quality of their research and decision making processes, and why firms that resist this shift will face significant challenges in the years ahead.
In addition to the embedded audio above, you can find the interview on Spotify, Apple Podcast, or most other podcast players.
For more information about positions owned by Ensemble Capital on behalf of clients as well as additional disclosure information related to this post, please CLICK HERE.
While we do not accept public comments on this blog for compliance reasons, we encourage readers to contact us with their thoughts.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All investments in securities carry risks, including the risk of losing one’s entire investment. The opinions expressed within this blog post are as of the date of publication and are provided for informational purposes only. Content will not be updated after publication and should not be considered current after the publication date. All opinions are subject to change without notice and due to changes in the market or economic conditions may not necessarily come to pass. Nothing contained herein should be construed as a comprehensive statement of the matters discussed, considered investment, financial, legal, or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy or sell any securities, and no investment decision should be made based solely on any information provided herein. Links to third party content are included for convenience only, we do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend any of the third parties or their websites and do not guarantee the adequacy of information contained within their websites. Please follow the link above for additional disclosure information.