The Motley Fool Roundtable: Navigating Stock Market Volatility
Last week, Ensemble Capital’s CIO Sean Stannard-Stockton joined two portfolio managers from Parnassus Investments on The Motley Fool Roundtable to discuss recent market volatility and our investment outlooks.
The discussion covered:
- The sorts of businesses that are best positioned to navigate high rates of inflation.
- A shift from the weak demand decade of the period before COVID to a persistently high demand period ahead that is leading to a high pressure economy.
- Why competitively advantaged companies have been disadvantaged by low interest rates and low inflation and why these same companies will be advantaged by higher interest rates and higher inflation.
- Why it is so dangerous for investors to “climb Mount Stupid” and trick themselves into thinking they are experts in certain types of subject areas, like the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Why Ensemble, whose strategy is not marketed as an ESG strategy, looks for many of the same characteristics in the businesses we invest in as Parnassus, a pioneer in ESG investing since 1984.
Click on the image below to be taken to the interview.
For more information about positions owned by Ensemble Capital on behalf of clients as well as additional disclosure information related to this post, please CLICK HERE.
While we do not accept public comments on this blog for compliance reasons, we encourage readers to contact us with their thoughts.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All investments in securities carry risks, including the risk of losing one’s entire investment. The opinions expressed within this blog post are as of the date of publication and are provided for informational purposes only. Content will not be updated after publication and should not be considered current after the publication date. All opinions are subject to change without notice and due to changes in the market or economic conditions may not necessarily come to pass. Nothing contained herein should be construed as a comprehensive statement of the matters discussed, considered investment, financial, legal, or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy or sell any securities, and no investment decision should be made based solely on any information provided herein. Links to third party content are included for convenience only, we do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend any of the third parties or their websites and do not guarantee the adequacy of information contained within their websites. Please follow the link above for additional disclosure information.