Arif Karim’s Interview with the Investors Podcast – We Study Billionaires
Ensemble Capital’s Senior Investment Analyst, Arif Karim, recently had the pleasure of speaking with Stig Brodersen and Preston Pysh on their Investors Podcast show We Study Billionaires.
During the interview, Arif discussed:
- Ensemble’s investment strategy of selecting resilient and competitively-advantaged companies in constructing client portfolios that can withstand crises in general.
- How the portfolio management team incorporated real-time information coming out of China and Italy about the novel 2019 Coronavirus and COVID-19 disease’s economic impact to better position client portfolio positioning for this challenge in particular.
- Investing in secular trends and how they relate to our existing investment framework.
- Our view on durable competitive advantage and capital allocation by management and how that relates to technology companies.
- Impact of the Fed’s actions on the investment environment.
- A summary of our investment thesis on Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), the enabling of the “Bionic Surgeon”, and why its focused mission-driven culture positions it well to outmaneuver competitors in the growing robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery market.
To listen to the interview, please click on the link below:
(If you are reading this in an email, CLICK HERE to listen to the podcast)
For more information about the positions owned by Ensemble Capital on behalf of clients as well as additional disclosure information related to this post, please CLICK HERE.
For more information about positions owned by Ensemble Capital on behalf of clients as well as additional disclosure information related to this post, please CLICK HERE.
While we do not accept public comments on this blog for compliance reasons, we encourage readers to contact us with their thoughts.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All investments in securities carry risks, including the risk of losing one’s entire investment. The opinions expressed within this blog post are as of the date of publication and are provided for informational purposes only. Content will not be updated after publication and should not be considered current after the publication date. All opinions are subject to change without notice and due to changes in the market or economic conditions may not necessarily come to pass. Nothing contained herein should be construed as a comprehensive statement of the matters discussed, considered investment, financial, legal, or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy or sell any securities, and no investment decision should be made based solely on any information provided herein. Links to third party content are included for convenience only, we do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend any of the third parties or their websites and do not guarantee the adequacy of information contained within their websites. Please follow the link above for additional disclosure information.